We have a special treat for you today! Not only are we sharing a beautiful card by Anya, but she has written up step-by-step instructions so you can create the exact card yourself!.
- Make a card base by cutting white cardstock to 8 ½” x 6 ¼”; score and fold in half to get a card that measures 4 ¼” x 6 ¼”
- Cut a 4 x 6 piece from the Border Strips paper and attach it to the center of the card front. Cut the same size from the Under the Sea paper and attach it to the back side of the card.
- Cut two pieces of white cardstock measuring 3 ¾” by 5 ¾” and glue them together; this will make your card front more sturdy. Using a circle die and die cutting machine, cut a circle opening at the top of the card.
- With strong double sided red tape, attach a3.5 x 3.5 clear transparency piece to the back side of the circle window. Cut a wave pattern from the Catch the Wave paper and attach it directly underneath the circle window. Cut off excess from the back side.
- Cut foam tape into long strips, remove backing and adhere it along side of the circle window, shaping the tape strips as you go. Add a few more pieces of foam tape all around the card.
- Add stickers to the background of the card and place a small pile of sequins on top of the stickers, so they will show through the window, as you add the top portion of the card.
- Add the rest of the stickers to decorate the card front, popping some up with dimensional adhesive. Scatter half pearls throughout the card and add a few pieces of hole reinforcements to add texture to the white background.
* Let’s be Mermaids “Catch the Wave” paper
* Let’s be Mermaids “Border Strips” paper
* Let’s be Mermaids “Under the Sea” paper
* Let’s be Mermaids Element Stickers
* Carta Bella Ultra White Designer Cardstock
* Clear Acetate Sheet
* White half pearls
* Avery Hole Reinforcements
* Foam Adhesive
* Red double-sided Craft Tape
* Paper Trimmer
* Circle die
* Die cutting machine